Free School Meals

Free School Meals

How to apply

The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.

For every child registered, Bottisham Village College gets £935 a year and families who are currently paying for school meals will save over £400 a year.

Pupil Premium is used to provide a range of educational benefits for the pupils, which can include assistance with paying for extra-curricular activities and visits, and music lessons. Even if you do not wish your child to claim free lunches, by registering for them, you will allow the school to claim the associated Pupil Premium. Noother benefits that you may be claiming are affected by this.

We would therefore like to encourage families to check whether they are eligible to receive free school meals.

Claiming free school meals has never been easier; you simply need to complete the online form provided by Cambridgeshire County Council or use the paper copy on the right hand side of this page. 

You do not need to provide any paper proof of benefit. The system will automatically check your child's entitlement to free school meals. You will need to provide your surname, date of birth and your National Insurance number or National Asylum Seeker reference number. Once approved, Cambridgeshire County Council will check that you continue to qualify for free school meals on a regular basis, using the Secure Electronic Checking System. There is no need to reapply at the end of the school year.

Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:

If you would like any assistance with claiming or wish to speak to us in confidence please contact the Finance office on Ext 244 who will be happy to help.