GCSE Results DayCollecting your results
Collecting results via the intranet
From 8am tomorrow (Thursday 20th August), students can log-on to their intranet page where they will see a link entitled "Statement of Results". This will take you to a PDF of your GCSE results for 2020.
Collecting results from school
• The school will be open from 9am – 11am for the collection of results. All students are welcome to come into school to collect their results but need to be aware that all COVID-19 public health guidance will be expected to be followed. You are able to arrive at any time between 9am and 11am, no sign-up is required.
• All vehicles should be parked in the bus bays area and families should make their way on foot, following the signs to the POCCA area (outdoor covered area). Students will be asked to queue with 2 metre social distancing measures and there will be staff on hand to help with everything you need to collect.
• Parents or Carers requiring disabled access to the college can contact us in advance to arrange bespoke details at email@example.com
• A signature will be required for all results being picked up. We ask that you bring your own pen for this. Hand sanitiser will be provided if needed.
Collecting results on behalf of students
• If the student is not able to collect the results in person, parents/guardians/family members will need a form of formal identification and a written or emailed note to confirm their permission to receive their results, with an accompanying signature from the student.
Any results that have not been picked up on the day will be sent home by post.
Post-Results Communication and Information
As mentioned in a previous letter, the priority is for students to secure their post-16 placement. In their packs, students will have details of how to contact these centres to confirm placements.
Additionally, families will be able to book a meeting with a member of the college leadership team: all will be available on Thursday to administer virtual meetings with students and families to support with any post 16 transition arrangements. For those not attending the results pick-up, meetings can be requested via firstname.lastname@example.org
• A student guide from Post 16 institutions about the next steps for students can be found here.
• As a small token and leaving gift, we have purchased a Year book for each student. These will be placed on exam results tables and we hope that this helps you reflect on the more normal and happier times you have had together over the last 5 years as a year group.
Please, can we thank you in advance for your support on results day. We know these have been challenging times but your support and patience has been much appreciated by everyone at Bottisham Village College. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday. Good luck everyone.
If you have any other concerns, please contact the college via email@example.com