Year 9 Pathways to the Future (formerly Options)
Our Pathways to the Future process begins on Wednesday 22nd January. On this day, during a PSHE lesson, students will be introduced to the pathways and learn about what to expect from the upcoming subject assemblies. There will be an opportunity for students to engage with older students who have been through this process and ask them any questions they may have about specific subjects.
- On Friday 24th January, students will be issued with their Pathways to the Future booklets and details of the different pathways. The booklet contains information about all of the subjects and courses on offer, and serves as a source of reference. I would be grateful if you could take time to read it through with your son or daughter, discussing its contents.
- The Pathways to the Future evening will be held on Monday 27th January in the Evans Auditorium. This event, which is for parents only, starts at 6.30pm with an introductory talk of half an hour. After that, there will be an opportunity for you to ask each faculty about the courses that they offer. This session will last from 1900hrs to 1945hrs.
- In the fortnight commencing 27th January, students will be given a morning assembly by each faculty in turn, outlining the courses that they offer and will also receive all of the information given at the Pathways to the Future evening.
- During the week before the half term holiday, each year 9 student will have a 10 minute guidance interview with a senior member of staff, during which their provisional pathway will be discussed and refined. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend this interview, details of which – including appointment times - will be given nearer the date.
- Thursday 27th February (X band) and Thursday 5th March (Y band) are the dates of the subject based Parents’ Evening. The focus of this evening is to provide you with the opportunity to talk with subject teachers about your child’s current attainment and progress.
- Monday 9th March is the planned deadline for submitting pathways forms. Please ensure that your child has accessed all sources of information before making their choices.