We encourage trips away from home. For most students these opportunities help develop their self-reliance, a point made by many parents over the years. Photos of many recent trips can be found on our Gallery page.
In Activities Week
- all Year 7 students are invited to attend Year 7 camp for five days at the end of the summer term.
- Year 8s are given the opportunity to take part in an outdoor activity week or a foreign residential trip, typically a walking trip to Derbyshire or a trip to Normandy.
- all Year 10 students spend two weeks on work experience
Past trips abroad have included
- Language exchange and study visits to France, Germany and Spain
- A study exchange with a Dutch school near Amsterdam
- Visit to the Somme battlefield for Year 9 students
Closer to home, students have the opportunity to go
- to theatres and concerts
- to lectures and exhibitions
- on field trips in science and the humanities
- on Duke of Edinburgh field trips
Visitors to school regularly include
- visiting speakers to lessons
- speakers in assemblies
- visiting theatre groups and musicians