Instrumental Music Lessons
They can also take part in various instrumental groups and activities. We consider this an important and rewarding aspect of their school life and in the development of the ‘Bottisham Student’.
Music tuition lessons are provided by peripatetic tutors and take place at the College mainly during ‘in school’ hours. Lessons are rotated, where possible, to avoid students missing the same subjects.
If you are interested in finding out more about music tuition lessons in September 2018, or have any queries regarding music tuition lessons, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Jeremy Brewer, Head of Music, email@example.com
Peripatetic Music Tutors
- The contract for music tuition is made directly between parents/carers and the peripatetic music tutor.
- Peripatetic tutors will be responsible for invoicing/collecting their own tuition fees from parents/carers and payment should be paid directly to them.
- Bottisham Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects everyone working with students at the College to share this commitment. All peripatetic music tutors are vetted by the College.
Music Tuition Fees
- Individual peripatetic tutors set their own charges for lessons and we expect these to be £12 per 20 minute session, which is the recommended length of lesson – but this can be negotiated with your tutor.
- A minimum of 30 lessons per year will be provided.
- In addition to the cost of lessons, peripatetic tutors will expect students, when necessary, to purchase books and music. There will be the opportunity to work on grade exam material if progress is good and students and their parents/carers would like their child to take music examinations Grades 1-8. The fees for these exams will be the responsibility of parents/carers.
- Student’s own instruments which are brought into school must be adequately insured by parents/carers.
- All instruments should be clearly labelled with the student’s Name and Form.