Extra Curricular Activites
Each term we publish our popular Extended Schools Programme which includes arts, sports, musical, debating and science activities and which currently run between 3.15pm and 5.15pm each day. Our Sports Centre contributes to this programme and we have supervised areas where students can study after school on selected days.
Students will enrol for these activities; some require additional payment and others are free of charge.
Our Extended Schools Brochure is emailed to parents and is also available on the school website at the beginning of each term. Details of Extended Schools activities can be found here.
There are many opportunities for students beyond the classroom.
- All Year 7 students are invited to attend Year 7 camp for five days at the end of the summer term
- Year 8 are given the opportunity to take part in an outdoor activity week or a foreign residential trip, typically a walking trip to Derbyshire and a trip to Normandy or explore a festival of cultural activities in school.
- All Year 10 students spend two weeks on work experience
- Year 11 student leaders apply to support Year 7 students at camp.
- Language exchange and study visits to France and Germany
- A study exchange with a Dutch school near Amsterdam
- A visit to the Somme battlefield for Year 9 students
And closer to home:
- Theatres and concerts
- Lectures and exhibitions
- Field trips in science and the humanities
- Duke of Edinburgh expeditions
- Visiting speakers to lessons
- Speakers in assemblies
- Visiting theatre groups and musicians
- Visiting practitioners at PSHE conference days