However, we continue to follow the Local Authority arrangements regarding over-subscription criteria and appeals.
The pupil admission number will rise to 300 in September 2020. Last year we received 374 applications of which 279 were first preference.
Further information about the application process is available from the Admissions Team on 0345 045 1370 or by visiting the Cambridgeshire County Council website here.
Our Catchment area
The College’s catchment area is defined as the area served by the following Primary schools:Bottisham, Burwell, Cheveley, Kettlefields (Dullingham / Stetchworth villages), Fen Ditton, Fulbourn, Great Wilbraham, Teversham, Swaffham Bulbeck, and Swaffham Prior.
Children who have a statement of special educational needs that names the college will be admitted.
N.B. Those children with a statement of special educational needs that do not name the college will be referred to the Statutory Assessment and Resources (STAR) Team to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in care, also Looked After Children (LAC) and children who looked after but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order.
- Children who live in the catchment area, attend primary schools within the catchment area and who have a sibling at the college at the time of admission.
- Children who live in the catchment area with a sibling at the college at the time of admission.
- Children who live in the catchment area who attend the primary schools within it.
- Children who live in the catchment area.
- Children who live outside the catchment area, who attend primary schools within it and who have a sibling at the college at the time of admission.
- Children who live outside the catchment area who have a sibling at the college at the time of admission.
- Children who live outside the catchment area who attend the primary schools within the catchment area.
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the college as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit, priority will go to children living nearest the college by shortest straight line distance.
Each year a number of our students come from outside our area - from Cambridge, Newmarket and neighbouring villages. The number of additional places varies from year to year, depending on the size of the year group living in our area. Interested parents/carers should contact the Admissions Team at Shire Hall and complete the preference form accordingly.
At other times of the year (all year groups)
Please contact the Admissions Team at Shire Hall to check availability of numbers and to begin the admissions process. We are always very pleased to meet with parents/carers to discuss admission arrangements and to show you around our facilities in order to help you to make your decision.
Students living within the catchment area and more than three miles from the College are entitled to travel free on a bus. If you live out of catchment, parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school as no transport is provided. eg: Many students who live in Cambridge travel to and from the College on a service bus.