National Citizen Service programme for Year 11Don’t miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime!
The National Citizen Service (NCS) held an assembly today for Year 11s where they explained their programme for Summer 2018. In partnership with Cambridge United Community Trust, this is a unique, nationwide, part-residential programme aimed at helping 16- and 17-year olds to get active, involved, and make a real difference in the local community.
Taking place over 4 weeks in the summer holidays, the programme will give young people the opportunity to build a variety of skills for work and life whilst taking on new challenges and adventures, making new friends, and contributing to the local area.
- Week 1: An action-packed 5-day trip to at an outdoor activities centre (think paddleboarding, rafting, rock climbing, and much more!).
- Week 2: A 5-day residential stay at a local University in Cambridge, during which the young people will take part in interactive workshops with local companies and organizations, developing a range of skills that are appealing to employers and universities.
- Weeks 3 & 4: The young people will be based at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium and put all of their new skills into practice by planning and delivering a social action project in the local community.
And the best bit? All this for only £35 if you sign up before the 24th January or £50 if after. The rest of the cost is funded entirely by the government.
How to sign up?
1) Online at ncsyes.co.uk/summer – Use discount code ‘NCSSU18’ for £15 discount.
2) Collect a sign up pack from Student Support and hand it back in by 24th January.
We have limited spaces available and expect to sell out quickly!
For more information please visit www.ncsyes.co.uk or email us at email@example.com or call on 07512935532.
The Cambridge NCS Team