Post 16 information
1. Year 11 Post 16 Evening
This evening, which takes place on Monday 8th October at 6pm, is designed to inform parents about Post 16 routes and to provide both students and parents with an opportunity to talk to representatives of different 6th form institutions, as well as other Post 16 providers. There will also be information about Apprenticeships, and college staff will be on hand to field any questions. Laurie Simpson, our Independent Guidance Advisor, will be available should you wish to discuss your child’s transition to post 16.
Starting at 6pm there will be a presentation in the Main Hall for parents. During this time, students will be able to visit representatives of the 6th Form Centres in the Dining Hall. After the presentation, parents are welcome to join their son or daughter. All the main Post 16 providers will attend this event along with employers and University representatives.
2. UCAS applications
Students will be continuing to undertaking activities that support their Post16 applications. This includes completing an initial assessment form to allow us to ascertain whether your child needs additional support in making decision around post-16 study. Although we will continue our support with your child with this process, it is important that they fully engage with process in order to complete their application by the deadline of the 7th December 2018.
3. Open Evenings
Post 16 institutions all hold open evenings for prospective students. These evenings represent an important opportunity to find out information about the different courses offered and to get a flavour of what life at the different institutions might be like.
Attendance at the relevant events is key to students making informed decisions about where to go and what to study Post 16.
- Cambridge Academy for Science & Technology (CAST) - Thursday 18th October from 5.00 - 9.00 pm
- Comberton Sixth Form - Thursday 1st November from 6.30 - 9.00pm
- Parkside Sixth Tuesday - 30th October from 5.30-8.00pm
- Bishop Laney Sixth Form - Thursday 1st November from 6.00-8.00pm
- College of West Anglia (Milton) -Saturday 24th November from 9.30am - 12.30pm & Tuesday 12th March from 5.00-7.30pm
- Impington International College - Tuesday 6th November from 6.00 - 8.00pm
- Long Road Sixth Form College - Wednesday 17th October from 5.00-9.00p m & Thursday 18th October from 5.00-9.00pm
- The Oakes College(Netherhall) -Tuesday 16th October from 6.00-8.30pm
- Hills Road Sixth Form College - Wednesday 7th November from 5.00-9.00pm & Thursday 8th November from 5.00- 9.00pm
- Cambridge Regional College
- Cambridge Campus -
Friday 12th October 2018 from 4.30-7.30pm
Saturday 13th October 2018 from 9.30am – 12.30pm
Saturday 17th November 2018 from 9.30 am -12.30pm
Thursday 22nd November 2018 from 4.30-7.30pm
Saturday 9th February 2019 from 9.30-12.30pm
Saturday 3rd April 2019 from 4.30 – 7.30pm
Thursday 13th June 2019 from 4.30 – 7.30pm
- Huntingdon Campus
Thursday 11th October 4.30-7.30pm
Saturday 3rd November 9.30-12.30pm
Thursday 7th February 2019 4.30-7.30pm
Thursday 2 May 2019 4.30-7.30pm
Saturday 15th June 2019 9.30-12.30pm
4. General Information
There is a wealth of helpful information online.
All the sixth form centres have websites, which can be accessed via a search engine.
Also Mr Lamb, Mrs Simpson and Mrs Cook are in school to help as well, please find them and ask. We are here to help!
There is more information in the Post 16 Leaflet on the right hand side of this page.
5. Exam Results
Exam results will be issued on Thursday 22nd August 2019. If there are issues with results then students might have to contact sixth form centres, so it is advisable not to be away on this date.